You will begin your journey with Arjay’s Window Fashions as a Design Associate, in daily contact with your manager/mentor/coach learning the disciplines required of a successful world-class Window Fashions Design Consultant. You will do this by assisting your manager/mentor/coach with their projects, rotating through lead generation activities, and taking on various special projects as they arise. For instance, updating sampling for designers, helping with event planning, coordinating team training, researching design specifications, preparing quotes, calling vendors for project assistance, etc. As you do this, you will learn the technical details of our product lines reinforced by practical in-home design consultation experiences that ensure you know how to apply what you are learning correctly into a design choice. You will love seeing the before and after effects as your projects come to life and delight your clients.
Additionally, as a Design Associate, this is your opportunity to become invaluable by enhancing your leadership, critical thinking, and teambuilding abilities. How quickly you are promoted to a Design Consultant position is a function of your experience, the thoroughness of your understanding of the various operational systems, and an assessment of your self-directed readiness based on how well you performed as a Design Associate.
Pay for this portion of the journey – $17/hr
Of course, your goal is to become an elite member of the best Design Consultant Team in the industry who have a vision of being recognized as trusted industry experts enjoying unlimited success.
What the Design Consultant Role Entails:
- Do you love helping people with design? Do you want to unveil products that turn a customer’s home or business into a thing of beauty? Do you want a daily work experience that leaves you feeling as if what you have done has made someone’s life a little better? If so, then you’ve found that unique career opportunity.
- We have lots of work, so opportunities are everywhere in our company. Your task is to take ownership of our world-class customer experience as you sell industry-leading blinds, shades, shutters, and drapery. Customers will keep coming back because they love having your expertise and sense of design excellence on display in their homes. You will accomplish great things while seeking to continuously improve all aspects of your design consultation approach, which ultimately will exemplify the best of who you are.
- You can expect to be continuously developed through an extensive training program and paired up with industry-leading designers who will coach you and develop you further than you can imagine. We do some cool stuff.
- Best of all? You’re in control of your future.
What You Will Do:
- Provide design services for a world-class line of blinds, shades, draperies, and shutters.
- Develop great togetherness with your supportive teammates by sharing design tips to continuously improve.
- Be in control of your performance by meeting or exceeding performance standards in key performance metrics.
- Meet with your manager/coach to set professional, measurable goals for yourself and strive to attain and exceed them.
- Be a constant ambassador of what it means to be the best at something.
- Happily, jump in to help and perform other duties as required.
What You Bring to the Table:
- Successful graduation from the design associate position.
- An ability to understand the various window covering options including motorization, automation, and drapery projects for luxury and commercial settings.
- An entrepreneurial mindset to thrive inside a commission-based system.
- An ability to learn and handle new technology as introduced to field sales.
- An ability to listen and learn – to grow and change – to receive positive feedback and improve.
- Excellent punctuality and adherence to the work schedule.
- An ability to pass our client’s background check.
- Openness to coaching and feedback.
- A passion for providing all customers with the best solution to their unique project needs.
What We Are Like:
- We continue to grow in an incredible industry, and we enjoy every second. We love bringing aboard friendly, optimistic people who love to serve others and have fun doing it! Arjay’s Window Fashions is among the world’s best and is a well-respected provider of blinds, shades, draperies, and shutters. We are also famous for sophisticated motorization and automation solutions. We care deeply about quality, craftsmanship, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- We are always disrupting the industry with best practices that raise the bar for the entire window covering industry. We are passionate about product safety, environmental sensitivity, beauty, and delighted clients. And, we invite you to join in on the fun.
- We are forever inspired by the endless possibilities at Arjay’s Window Fashions and we think you will be too.
Job Type: Full-time/Commission
Typical Pay: $65,000 – $120,000+ per year