The American Institute of Interior Design is currently accepting applications for an adjunct faculty position. The design certificate program balances traditional skills with a focus on technology, so a passion for technology, critical thinking /problem solving and a contemporary approach to design communication is a plus. The Interior Design courses are designed to help students learn about and develop career-oriented skills in interior design and help motivate them to pursue and excel in the industry beyond high school.
Adjunct faculty responsibilities are centered on preparing and teaching classes as assigned:
- Provides professional instruction based on approved course syllabus and content. Ensures that desired course outcomes meet the stated objectives;
- Provides recommendations for course changes and upgrades based on student feedback, personal experience, and continuous improvement methodology;
- Evaluates students’ progress in attaining goals and objectives;
- Administers and grades class examinations, assignments, and projects;
- Maintains records of student grades in student SIS;
- Attends in-service training, workshops, and seminars, as needed;
- Meets ALL required deadlines;
- Meets with students, staff members, supervisors as needed.
Requirements of the position include:
- Meets the minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design;
- Minimum of three years experience in online teaching interior design.
- Minimum of three years experience in interior design practice.
- Working knowledge of software applications used in the courses, like Microsoft Office Suite, Photoshop and SketchUp
- Must possess excellent leadership, customer service, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently while meeting required deadlines.
- Ability to be in video conferences from 8:30-2:30 MST Monday through Thursday
- Must be able to work from AIID Classroom or have sufficient Internet and Computer to hold video conferencing classes from home.
- Must be able to hear and speak well enough to communicate with students, faculty, and staff face to face, via the telephone, and through electronic medium (e.g., email, recordings, virtual meetings, etc.).
Salary commensurate with experience