The Fundamentals of Design Online Course is Now Available.
Space is limited to 15 students and the course is FREE!
ID100: Fundamentals of Design
Semester Credits: 2.0
Semester Duration: 6 Weeks
Semester Dates: June 10 – July 21
Fundamentals of design apply to every field of visual expression. In this course students will learn how to recognize and apply these concepts into their interior design career. Curated and specific lessons will cover interior design styles, elements, and principles in detail, leaving the student an expert in design fundamentals. Feng Shui is introduced in a way that will educate and give basic tools to those who are interested in using Feng Shui in their designs. Interior design is considered an art form but there is a science to creating beautiful spaces and this course provides the tools and information to create knowledgeable designers.
- Students will gain an understanding of the Interior Design profession: what is an interior designer, what are their responsibilities, what are specializations available in the industry.
- This course will explain design styles and trends in a way that will allow students to identify them easily in the field.
- Elements, Principles, Tips and Techniques of design will be covered in depth to allow students to gain crucial knowledge that will give them the tools to create amazing designs in their career.
- The Golden Mean will be explained to give a scientific lesson on how to create correct proportions and scale in the student’s designs.
- Students will understand the basics of classical Feng Shui and be able to apply these skills with clients that are interested in energy design.
- This course will lay the foundation for students to recognize and create great designs.