AIID admits as regular students only persons who
- Have a high school diploma; and/or
- Have the recognized equivalent of a high school transcript; and/or
- Minimum age of 17.
The applicant is required to submit the following documentation to satisfy admission requirements:
- Successful graduation from High School or equivalent –Copies of official transcripts must be uploaded to AIID. Diplomas WILL NOT be accepted. If AIID has reason to believe that the high school transcript is not valid or was not obtained from an entity that provides secondary school education, AIID will determine if the school is recognized by the Department of Education in the state, and/or has a CEEB code. If a school is not recognized by a department of education or has no physical address, then the student would be required to submit a GED before we would evaluate the application.
- Photo Identification – Uploaded copy of a Government-issued photo ID to your application.
- Essay – Applicant must write a 250-to-500-word essay on “Why you would like to attend the American Institute of Interior Design”
- Completion of the SmarterMeasure Learning Readiness Indicator – The SmarterMeasure Learning Readiness Indicator is a web-based assessment which measures a learner’s readiness for succeeding in an online and/or technology-rich learning program based on non-cognitive indicators of success. Additional information will be provided during the Admission process.
The application and all required documents (transcripts, photos, etc.) must be received two weeks prior to the start of the applicant’s first term. Notification of official acceptance into the program will be sent within ten working days of the completed application.
Note: International students’ credentials will need to be verified by the school for high school equivalency. Applicants who are unable to present any of the forms of documentation described above will not be admitted.