AIID admits as regular students only persons who
- Have a high school diploma; and/or
- Have the recognized equivalent of a high school diploma; and/or
- Minimum age of 17.
The applicant is required to submit the following documentation to satisfy admission requirements:
- Successful graduation from High School or equivalent –Copies of official transcripts must be uploaded to AIID. Diplomas WILL NOT be accepted. If AIID has reason to believe that the high school diploma is not valid or was not obtained from an entity that provides secondary school education, AIID will determine if the school is recognized by the Department of Education in the state, and/or has a CEEB code. If a school is not recognized by a department of education or has no physical address, then the student would be required to submit a GED before we would evaluate the application.
- Photo Identification – Uploaded copy of a Government issued photo ID to your application.
- Essay – Applicant must write a 250-to-500-word essay on “Why you would like to attend the American Institute of Interior Design”.
- A Letter of Reference – A letter of reference is required for admission to AIID and should be written by a school administrator, teacher or employer. This letter will provide the admissions committee with information not found in the application — information that shows you match AIID’s expectations and requirements. This letter also provides an opportunity for you to be seen as an individual and help you to stand out from the other applicants. It is important that the person providing the recommendation has a good understanding of your academic history, interests, goals, and direction. Your letter of recommendation should contain evidence or confirmation of the following:
- Academic performance
- Honors and awards
- Initiative, dedication, integrity, reliability, etc.
- Willingness to follow school policy
- Ability to work with others
- Ability to work independently
- Internally driven
5. Completion of the SmarterMeasure Learning Readiness Indicator – The SmarterMeasure Learning Readiness Indicator is a web-based assessment which measures a learner’s readiness for succeeding in an online and/or technology rich learning program based on non-cognitive indicators of success. Additional information will be provided during the Admission process.
The application and all required documents (transcripts, letter of recommendation, etc.) must be received two weeks prior to the start of the applicant’s first term. Notification of official acceptance into the program will be sent within ten working days of completed application.
Note: International students’ credentials will need to be verified by the school for high school equivalency. Applicants who are unable to present any of the forms of documentation described above will not be admitted.